Rest in a children's camp remains one of the most popular types of children's recreation. He helps out parents who cannot take a vacation in the summer, and the children really like it. To feel like adults and independent, without parental care - what could be more tempting? However, there is no guarantee that the child will be under close supervision, because there are many children in the camp. How to be aware of how safe children's vacation away from home is?
- Above all, train your child to call you regularly and report all of their concerns. In turn, ask him in detail about what is happening in the camp with him, his friends, how the teachers treat him. Even small facts can shed light on a lot. Of course, it is better to build a trusting relationship with your child even before the trip.
- Before sending your child to camp, inquire about this institution. Where it is located? What is the ecological situation in the area? What menu is offered to children? Answers to many questions of interest can be obtained if you go there personally and look around the area.
- The beach is one of the sources of increased danger, so inspect it with special partiality. There should be no diving bridges and bungee bridges on the children's beach, the uneven terrain and the abundance of trees and bushes nearby should alert you.
- Inspect the children's lounges. Of course, your child will not be provided with a double room, but you should be aware that according to modern standards, one room should have no more than five to six beds. The experience of being in a team is an undoubted benefit of the camp, but in this regard there is another danger - a psychological one.
- Analyze the nature of your child and the characteristics of his psyche. Evaluate whether he is ready to leave the zone of home comfort and exist in a team. Will she be able to stand up for herself where not all children are friendly? A signal for aggression can be a non-standard appearance, strange habits of a child, nationality and even age.
- Try to find an institution where your child will be among peers with similar interests. So he will not feel like a black sheep and will be able to avoid conflict situations.