At the word "crisis" most of us have a variety of associations: global, material, and midlife crisis. The phenomenon, which will be discussed, is not so global, but the parents of little three-year-olds do not think so. What is this crisis and how is it characteristic?
Just yesterday, the obedient little one changes beyond recognition: unreasonable whims, incomprehensible demands, a categorical refusal to perform everyday actions. Exhausted parents sometimes do not know what this little "despot" wants, how long this test will continue. The kid is also not easy: mom and dad suddenly stopped understanding him.
In fact, according to psychologists, all children go through this age crisis, it usually lasts not very long - on average 4-5 months. In different children, it manifests itself with different intensity and severity. Three years is the age when the child's personality mechanisms are radically rearranged, and awareness of himself as an independent personality appears.
The following symptoms are most pronounced in a three-year-old child:
• Negativism. The child deliberately ignores the requirements of a particular person, at the same time with another person he remains obedient.
• Stubbornness. The kid persistently asks for something, but not because he wants it, but for the sake of adult satisfaction of the very fact of the demand.
• Obstinacy. The child's reaction against established family or parenting norms.
• Willfulness. The child's manifestation of initiative, sometimes inadequate to his capabilities. This sign is characterized by the manifestation of excessive curiosity and activity, due to which self-affirmation and the formation of children's pride take place.
• Protest. The kid conflicts with the people around him, as if saying: “I’m already big!”, “Consider me!”, “Respect me!”.
• Devaluation. Everything that was previously dear and beloved suddenly depreciates and loses its credibility, be it mother's fairy tales or beloved bear. The child ceases to recognize some close people.
• Despotism. This sign manifests itself in the desire to subjugate others, "adjust" everyone and everything to their whims.
Many, especially parents who have encountered this phenomenon for the first time, are perplexed and complain about someone's negative influence on their child. Witnesses of the hysteria of a three-year-old toddler in the store reproachfully look at their mother and feel sorry for the baby, thinking that these are the consequences of poor upbringing. In fact, this period is fleeting. A little time will pass, and your child will delight you with his intelligence, already framed in the framework of consciousness.