11th anniversary of marriage. The first decade of marriage is over. What does steel wedding mean? What are the traditions? What gifts to present to husband and wife? How to celebrate a celebration? The spouses are faced with a number of questions to which they want to find answers so that the holiday is a success and will be remembered for a long time.
What associations does a wedding evoke in each of us? Happiness, love, holiday, celebration, delight, rings - this list of words can be continued for a very long time. A wedding is an event that is remembered all life, this celebration is reverently told to children and grandchildren with viewing photos and videos. It is a great tradition in families to celebrate wedding anniversaries throughout their life together. 11 years together. Behind the difficult first decade of marriage. By this time, the family life was settled, the house was built, the children were born, the work was stable. The spouses already know well who has what tastes and preferences. The family is strong, strong as steel, which is why the 11th anniversary is called a steel wedding.
1. It was believed that spouses on the 11th wedding anniversary should undergo a purification ritual. In the summer it was necessary to bathe in the river or in the lake, in the winter in the bathhouse. They believed that water washes away everything bad in a joint family life, husband and wife appear before each other in white clothes, which symbolizes the purity of their thoughts. Then the spouses were offered three things to choose from: dough, rope and blade. If a married couple chooses dough, then their relationship is not yet so strong and solid; if the rope - feelings have not passed the test of time; the blade symbolizes that marriage is strong and indestructible.
2. 11 years of marriage are celebrated noisily and solemnly, many guests are invited, a variety of foods and drinks are on the table. The husband gives his wife 11 flowers. If the bouquet stays for 11 days after the celebration, it means that the spouses will live in peace and harmony in the future.
3. In the morning, on the day of the steel wedding, the husband nails a horseshoe over the entrance of the house, the wife gives nails, holds a hammer. Horseshoe is a symbol of happiness, good luck and prosperity in the family.
Steel Wedding Gifts
A wife can give her husband fishing or hunting equipment (lantern, flask, thermos), good wine, and a wristwatch. A husband can please his spouse with steel-colored jewelry (earrings, chain, ring, brooch), household appliances (kettle, hairdryer), dishes (set, vase). There may be comic gifts. For example, personalized T-shirts or mugs, maybe pillows with photos of the heroes of the occasion or some kind of humorous picture on the theme of the holiday.
What to give guests?
The main principle that guides the guests is this: the gift should be either steel or steel color.
1. Dishes from small to large utensils (spoons, forks, saucepan, glasses, saucepan, frying pan)
2. Household appliances (coffee maker, toaster, iron, juicer, waffle iron)
3. Decor elements (lamp, chandelier, photo frame, flower pot, painting)
4. Creative gifts: a collage with a photo, a friendly cartoon, a presentation with photos of each year of family life, a calendar of memorable dates.
Usually only relatives are invited to the wedding anniversary, but no one bothers to celebrate in a wider circle. In interior design, you need to be guided by the steel color, which can be diluted with a golden or emerald hue. Balloons, for example, can be emerald, the tablecloth is gray, the dishes, cutlery are also steel, and the napkins are yellow or orange. Guests can be warned in advance that their clothes must have a steel color.
A steel wedding is a great occasion for spouses to make sure that the family has passed the test of time, that there are still many, many years of a happy life together.