In many countries, it is illegal to transport small children in a car without restraints such as boosters, car seats or bassinets. And Russia is also no exception, and the corresponding amendments to the traffic rules require the use of child seats.
Things to Consider When Choosing a Car Seat for Your Child
There is no ideal model suitable for every child, because you need to take into account the child's temperament, his figure and the characteristics of the car. Only the selection will help you determine which chair will be optimal for your child.
An important point: you should not buy a chair "for growth". Crash tests show that a seat that is adjusted for age, weight and height will not only be comfortable, but can also reduce the likelihood of injury or death in an accident.
What to look for when choosing a chair:
- Quality models must have a special marking - ECE R44 / 04 or ECE R44 / 03. Its presence indicates that the chair meets safety standards.
- The model must be comfortable for the child, otherwise he will turn and try to get out of it, at the same time distracting the driver with shouts.
- If the baby is less than 3 years old, then it is worth choosing chairs with Y or five-pointed belts. They are able to protect the not yet fully strengthened children's spine and abdominal cavity from injury.
- The place where the belts converge should be covered with a soft and wide fabric insert to protect the child from injuries from the buckle in the event of sudden braking or impact.
- The car seat should be easy to install and remove from the car, and it should not be more difficult for both men and women.
And, of course, you should pay attention to the appearance. This will not affect safety in any way, but it will be useful for those who want to buy a stylish armchair. A rich color scheme will help you choose a car seat for any model.