In summer, there is a lot of good things: indescribably beautiful wildlife, playing with different colors and pleasing to the eye, warm wind blowing so pleasantly on the skin on sultry hot days, warmth and even heat emanating from the sun. But it is the sultry heat that causes unpleasant natural phenomena such as hurricane, thunderstorm and lightning.
Often hot sultry summers are accompanied by thunderstorms and lightning with strong gusts of wind, which pose a serious danger to human health and life. Since children spend a lot of time outdoors in the summer, chances are high that lightning and a storm with a squall wind can catch them alone. Therefore, it is very important for adults to teach children the rules of behavior in such situations.
The main thing that the child should understand:
- when storm clouds approach, you need to urgently return home,
- if there is no way to return home, then you need to go to any other building.
If you managed to get to the house, you need:
- turn off and de-energize all electrical appliances,
- check that all doors and windows are closed,
- do not look out the windows, it is better not to approach them at all,
- do not approach ball lightning in the event of its occurrence, and also do not run away from it.
If you could not get to the premises, then in no case should you:
- stand near power lines,
- hide under a tree,
- climb on a hill,
- lie down on the ground,
- be near bonfires,
- stand near water, and even more so in water.
What should be done:
- find a hole in the ground or low ground,
- sit down, group,
- remove from yourself and remove all metal objects away.
If lightning and thunderstorms are caught in a car or other transport:
- better stop,
- you shouldn't get out of the car,
- close all windows,
- do not turn on the radio.
Also, the child needs to be clearly explained so that during a thunderstorm he does not call his cell phone, wherever he is, but rather turn it off.
Despite the fact that lightning, thunderstorms and a hurricane are very scary, you need to pull yourself together and not succumb to your fears, because this usually does not last long - usually a few minutes, and you just need to wait it out.