In addition to adoption, guardianship (if the child is under 14 years old) or guardianship (if he is over 14 years old), there are foster families in which children are taken into foster care. In this case, the children do not inherit the property of the adoptive parents and they are not paid alimony.
It is necessary
Desire to become caring parents and a list of documents
To formalize the upbringing of a child (children), the following steps are performed: First, you should contact the guardianship and guardianship authority (PLO) at the place of registration. Here you need to find out the conditions for accepting children into a family, a list of necessary documents.
Then collect all the documents:
- marriage certificate (if any);
- medical report on the state of physical and mental health;
- a certificate from the place of work (the position and the amount of wages are indicated) or a declaration of income for non-working persons and individual entrepreneurs;
- certificate of no criminal record from the Department of Internal Affairs / ATC;
- documents for housing - confirming the ownership of housing in the case of privatized real estate or an extract from the house register with a copy of the financial and personal account, if the living area belongs to the state.
Together with the documents, submit a written application to the PLO for the opportunity to become foster parents. The guardianship and trusteeship body considers the application within 20 days, checking the living conditions of the family. After which the married couple will be called as a foster family and have the right to raise children.
The next stage is the most difficult, because you need to select a suitable child if not already selected. The PLO has complete information about children in their region, which is provided to foster parents. PLOs help the foster family to find a suitable child not only in their own, but also in other regions.
After the meeting, the foster family can think for 10 days whether to take the child into foster care or not. The refusal is explained in writing on the issued direction. After the refusal to enter the PLO, you can take more directions to meet with other children.
In case of consent to the upbringing of the child they saw, the parents must write about this on the referral and apply for the transfer of the child to the family, attaching a permit for the right to be foster parents.
The next step is the conclusion of an agreement between the parents and the PLO for the upbringing of a child, valid for a specified period, but no later than the child's coming of age.
And the last, most important, step - the foster family must raise the child in love and harmony.